Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Thursday, September 20, 2007

Having a similarity to or reminiscent of a real poet.

I am not a Poet
but I am poety
I am not a deceiver
but often use a scheme
and in the cliche'd wilds of rhyme time
where lemons aid and limes climb
high in the sky with a sun-borne sigh
I am a hunter
but never a thief

It's ok I know it
I'm not a good Poet
My strong passions are screaming
My sleeved heart is bleeding
with maudlin metaphoric clauses
forced meter, dramatic pauses,
similes rule while rhythms are tooled
I am playing hard
at being a bard

I am really not a Poet
But I am
Poety

written January 31, 2007 by Jeff Couch

No comments: