Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Saturday, May 3, 2008

Fresh Off The Presses

I was listening to some music I like and I had the idea to write a story song from the third person point of view. Most of my stuff is first person, and there are very few stories, so I thought this would be a good change of pace. I toiled furiously for about an hour and a half and came up with this, the music still playing in my head. Too bad my instrument skills are so rudimentary or you could too have the music playing in your head. You'll just have to supply your own. This poem introduces a topic we will be going into much more detail next month. I just finished writing it, so here it is, the steam still rising, the icing still gooey. it will probably be changed over time and maybe get a new title, but for now, enjoy.

No comments: