Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Thursday, November 1, 2007

Some Times

It happens sometimes with a flash and a bang
a crash and a bash and a fall
It happens sometimes with an echoing thump
Sometimes it doesn't happen at all

I see you sometimes with soft, butter-skin
velvet-tinged, bright, beautiful, fair
I see you sometimes, wise and wonderful
Sometimes you're not even there

Sometimes it creaks...
Sometimes it cries...
Sometimes it wanders...
Sometimes it whines...
Sometimes it slips...
Sometimes it snaps...
Sometimes it cuddles up
cradled soft in my lap

And when I waver
Careening cross the room
When I savor
Groans of hearts doom
There you sit with a quizzical cast
No light in your eyes
No grin, no laugh

And you wonder what I wonder that sigh thunder
The truth hides under that lie pondered, questioned, why
Ponder, question
Why
Why
Does it happen sometimes
...
...
It happens sometimes when no one is looking
when happiness sometimes is calmed
and suddenly the fear that has sprung up near
springs roots and cannot be harmed

Sometimes it happens with pain and short breaths,
with curling and cramping and crushingness
Sometimes it happens as I hide in four walls
Sometimes it doesn't happen at all
Sometimes it doesn't happen at all
Sometimes...
don't happen at all
written 7/06/00 by Jeff Couch

No comments: