Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Tuesday, June 24, 2008

08/20/97

Never understood why you never got better
Never could see why it had to be you
I remember the way you used to suffer
The fire that burned struggled to glow through

I remember the end how it just got darker
How slowly you faded away from me
How I would've given anything
To have you the way you used to be

I talked to you and you said, "I'm scared"
You said, "I really don't want to be here,
I'm miserable and all the nurses are mean,
I just want to go home."

Are you happy now?
I hope so.
Does the light shine brightly in your soul?
As you stare in the face of heaven
Do you finally know what it is to be whole?

Are you crying now,
The way you used to,
When you were so happy you simply beamed?
When joy was a radiant sunset
that glowed round your slate blue seas.

I miss those eyes and cheeks and tears.
Those stormy nights and joyous dawns.
I need a glimpse and breath of you
To travel this ocean I'm on

Are you happy now?
I hope so
I hope you are aching with smiles
I hope your laughter deafens the angels
And sweetens the ears of a child

Are you missing me?
I hope not
I hope you're too happy to see
The hurt that wells up inside me
Let nothing keep you from being finally free

If all I ever wanted was for you to be happy, than my wish at last came true.
I guess all I really wanted was, to be there when you were happy too.

Memories will allow
For healing to flow
As long as I know
Are you happy now?


written by Jeff Couch 08/20/97

No comments: