Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 15th, Father's Day

Well, I have been leading up to it for several months now, and it's time to face the facts. There was a period in my life when I was fairly prolific and it centered around Father's Day, 1997. On that day my wife, Sandy, died from a heart problem that a month before we didn't even know she had. Needless to say that made a serious impression on me, that still shows up in my writing to this day (see last month's poem). The truth is, I am happily married to my second wife, Lisa, and have two wonderful children. But if I am going to cover the breadth of my poetry, some of the work from this period must come out. There is some really good stuff here or, at least some truly raw emotion.
I have decided to post two poems this month, and then move on to other things next month. The first is untitled and was written over a month after she passed away. The second one was the first poem I wrote after she died, and is one of my favorites from that time period. I have a couple of other favorites that will show up eventually. The poem-eulogy is something I have become adept at. Please enjoy, if that isn't too morbid a thing to say.

No comments: