Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Approach

It is awfully quiet tonight
The sunlight on the calm still lake
is bright and beautiful

In the silence my heart alights
To glide on gossamer wings
so bright and beautiful

Rise toward the setting sun
Warmth ripples down to heal my heart
to bright and beautiful

I close my eyes open my arms
Closer approach the warm embrace
wonderful, bright and beautiful

Warm wax drips down my back
silkily feathers slip away
into the bright and beautiful

Sheer terror washes over me
Waxen horror twisting bleed
the consuming bright and beautiful

How dare I approach on manmade wings
My flesh crinkles as my spirit pleads,
"Mercy, oh Bright and Beautiful"

As spark passes from my mind
Breath burnt for every lie
this is The Bright and Beautiful

Someone covers, clutches, catches
Soothes and touches with warm caresses
heals from The Bright and Beautiful

Gently laid on cool sweet lake
Rocked asleep, softly wake
wake to The Bright and Beautiful

This is gentle love, this caring hand
Consuming fire, searing, pure being
He is the Bright and Beautiful

In the awestruck silence of tonight
the moonlight on the calm still lake
reflects The Bright and Beautiful



written 9/7/1997 by Jeff Couch

No comments: