Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Saturday, April 19, 2008

Poem 1 for Therapy

If you read this poem and understand it, please contact me with your psychoanalysis. This was written when I was seeing a counselor and I just started writing it without a lot of thought or direction, a bit of a freestyle. This little story came up. It means so little and yet so much can be read into it. It might help you know that I once lived in the Canary Islands, and that three years earlier I had lost someone really close to me. I have always admired Shel Silverstein and I like to think this poem is a bit of an homage to him. It is not a style I have written a lot in, but somehow this poem is whimsical and deeply disturbing at the same time. When I read it I laugh and cry bitter tears and feel alienated and scared and lonely and desperate all at the same time. I find it quite an effective little piece. By the way, if you happen to find my bird please contact me.

No comments: