Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Saturday, October 18, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Ok, so I have been gone for about three months. Facebook is the culprit. It has brought my past, and people I thought long forgotten, slamming into my present. I have been so busy with that I have not taken the time to post. to make up for it I am posting three poems today. And bonus! they are linked thematically. These are all love poems, of one kind or another. I am not claiming they are great love poems, they just are. The oldest one was written in 1988 the most recent in 1998. I am sure I have more recent love poems, if not, I better get to work. Maybe I can steal something from a Valentine's Day card and pass it off as my own. Nahh, bad idea.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

Marla A. Schultz said...

Interesting, all of these were written in the Fall...you must get inspired during this time of the year.

It's my favorite season also... the contrast of scarlet leaves and slate-gray skies always leaves me wanting to create poetry, sing, take a picture, or paint.

Jeff said...

I didn't really notice that. I love this season too. The neat thing is that every season has something going for it.