Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Saturday, October 18, 2008

Proponere

Will you walk with me 'neath the moonlit skies
Take time to ponder the wonder whys
Will you sit with me as the clouds rush by
And be happy

Will you watch as the rain pours down the windows
by my side
Will you listen as I softly whisper
I'll sweetly confide

Will you stand with me as the thunder roars
Abide with me in the hurricane night
Will you fearlessly face the rolling storm
Imovable

Will you speak, true and tender words I never heard before
comfort me
Will you brush away the tears of my heartcry
so very tenderly

Will you allow me to uphold you in my arms
To cherish and care and keep from all harm
Will you follow the path in me Spirit-born
And be loved

Will you quietly consider the vision in my eyes
and give in
Will you persistently bellow my faults in my ear
to keep us from sin

Will you consent, until that time,
of joyous leavetaking, either rapture or death
To be one with me in thought, action, and breath
To follow after the Scripture's guide
Will you be my bride
So that, what God has joined let no man sever
'Til eternity begins I'll love you forever


written by Jeff Couch, November 1992

No comments: