Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Saturday, October 18, 2008

High School

Ok, the things we write in high school don't count, right? This was a homework assignment and at one time not only did I have this memorized, but I could sing it to you. I could still sing it, believe it or not. I am not sure what I was trying to say, it seems like I was putting all my beliefs into one poem. It is still fun to look back and see what it was like, and remember that young boy. This was one of my first love poems and as awkward as it is, the emotion is true. All I know is it is a little embarrassing to put here, but I thought it was kind of neat for contrast's sake. And yes, they were selling commas (,) a dime a dozen at the discount store that year.

No comments: