Welcome To The Spun Threads

Welcome to another poetry blog. I spin these poems because I feel the need to write about what I feel. If someone else enjoys them, that is a bonus.

I hope you enjoy what you read here. Let me know what strikes you.


These are the threads of my life




Saturday, October 18, 2008

Never Lost, Not Yet Found

Spin me a tale, and I'll sing you a song,
a song of a man and the sea.
Sit down awhile, and I'll kiss you and smile,
'cause with you I'm free to be me.
Your eyes how they glow, your love I know,
is a love that will never end
With you I'm secure, and with you I'm sure,
that in you I have found a true friend

And the world spins all around us,
The tragedy of life,
The peoples and the planets,
Are a portraiture of strife.

Men's thoughts are dulled, the young and the old,
the wise ones too scared to be bold.
The Consumer, he rules, and the old-fashioned duels,
are for the favor of money that's cold.
The armor that shone, is now all gone,
it's the threads that make the man.
The men they all fight, not for wisdom but might,
and to get all the power they can

When the world spins all around me,
It's to you that I retreat,
When inside your comfort,
I find strength to fight, complete.

So we'll reach for the sky, just you and I,
as a unity we will tempt fate.
We'll live forever, always together,
sharing we will be great.
You take the high road, I'll carry your load,
you're the best leader I know.
America's culture is, now an oversized poster,
it'll change back wherever we go.

And the world spins under us,
For we will conquer all,
In the arms of our love,
We can never fall.

So, spin me a tale, and I'll sing you a song,
a song of and old man and the sea.
The man he is lonely, his friends the sea only,
it's clear I speak of you and me.
In this whole verse, I've told of an old curse,
a tale the world always knew.
I long for the day, I'll look up and see,
standing beside me there you.

And the world spins over me,
Held in image tyranny,
When I find my true love,
We will be complete.

I know you are looking, it's true I am searching,
for the other half of our soul.
I'll try not to use you, I'll never abuse you,
for in each other we are made whole.
Now this is your tale, and this is my song,
a song of what someday will be.
You'll be my princess, and I'll be your prince,
may ever after we live happily.


written by Jeff Couch, fall of 1988

No comments: